A slip and fall accident can have devastating consequences, including severe pain, emotional anguish, high medical costs, and long-term disability. Victims often face financial hardship, especially if their injuries require ongoing care, or make working impossible. However, compensation may be available for slip and fall victims whose accidents were caused by negligence.
If you, your spouse, your child, or another family member was injured in a slip and fall accident in Bristol, the aggressive personal injury lawyers of The Reiff Law Firm may be able to recover compensation on your behalf. Our award-winning attorneys have decades of combined legal experience, and are known for our hard-hitting litigation strategies. We have a track record of obtaining results for our clients, because our attorneys consistently bring an exceptional level of technical knowledge, tenacity, and innovation to the claims we handle. If you were hurt in an accidental fall, our skilled attorneys are here to help. For a free consultation concerning a potential injury claim, contact our law offices at (215) 274-0072 today.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are common, because they can be caused by a wide range of property defects. Trip and fall accidents can take place in indoor or outdoor settings, on residential properties or at places of businesses, and in any type of lighting or weather. Of course, certain factors increase the risk of slip and fall accidents occurring, such as damaged flooring or uncontrolled accumulations of ice. When a property owner negligently fails to maintain reasonably safe conditions on the premises, he or she could be liable for resulting injuries or fatalities.
At The Reiff Law Firm, our Bristol slip and fall injury lawyers have decades of combined experience handling a broad range of complex premises liability claims against negligent business owners in Pennsylvania, including claims involving:
- Accumulations of snow and ice that were not properly removed or salted
- Broken, cracked, rotten, uneven, or damaged flooring
- Dangerous wires, cords, and cables
- Defective building materials
- Failure to post adequate warning signs when necessary
- Faulty steps or stairwells
- Poor lighting and visibility
- Structural or construction defects
We have investigated slip and fall accidents in all types of settings, ranging from sidewalk slip and fall claims on public property to falls that occur in shops and apartments. Examples of environments where property hazards can lead to premises liability claims include:
- Amusement parks and water parks
- Apartment complexes
- Bars and restaurants
- Department stores, malls, and shopping centers
- Fast food franchises
- Grocery stores
- Hotels and motels
- Office buildings and industrial complexes
- Parking lots and parking garages
- Sidewalks and walkways
- Theatres and music/concert venues
Compensation for Slip and Fall Injuries
To the outside observer, a slip and fall or trip and fall might seem like a minor accident. However, slip and falls are capable of causing debilitating injuries. Certain segments of the population, such as the elderly, are particularly vulnerable to the effects of falls. For example, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 2.8 million adults age 65 or older “are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries” every year.
The injuries caused by a slip and fall accident could disable the victim for months or years, or even result in wrongful death. Examples of injuries caused by accidental falls could include:
- Back injuries, such as cracked vertebrae
- Bone fractures (broken bones) and bone bruises
- Facial injuries, such as a broken nose or broken jaw
- Hand and wrist injuries, which frequently occur when victims try to brace for the fall
- Loss of sensation caused by nerve damage
- Mouth, lip, and dental injuries, such as broken teeth
- Neck injuries, such as a broken neck or soft tissue injury
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI), which can result in paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and other head injuries
These and other injuries can lead to costly medical bills, adding financial strain to an already difficult period. However, by using medical records and other evidence to demonstrate how negligence caused your injuries, it may be possible to recover financial compensation. Recovery may include compensation for an array of expenses and losses resulting from the injury, such as medical bills, ongoing or long-term medical treatment and care, diminished earning capacity, and compensation for pain and suffering. In slip and fall wrongful death cases, additional damages may be recoverable.
Bristol Slip and Fall Lawyers Handling Injury Claims in PA
If you fell on another person’s property and were injured as a result, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical treatment, pain and suffering, and other damages. Before you accept an offer from a business owner or insurance company, you should discuss your situation with an experienced slip and fall lawyer handling personal injury claims in Bristol. To arrange a confidential, completely free legal consultation, contact The Reiff Law Firm online, or call our law offices at (215) 274-0072.