The Reiff Law Firm is a catastrophic injury firm recognized for handling cases involving traumatic brain injury and other serious personal injuries. Brain damage often results from sudden impact and severe forces of the head with another object such as the dashboard of a car or the ground. Brain injuries are more common than one would think. If you have been involved in a catastrophic accident and suffer any one of the following symptoms, you or a loved one may have suffered a brain injury.
- Loss of long term/short term memory
- Blurred vision
- Loss of coordination
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
- Pins and needles feeling in the limbs
- Emotional outbursts
- Difficulty hearing
- Loss of facial sensation or movement
- Irregular eye movement
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Affectation of cognitive thought process, including but not limited to judgment, decision
- making, failure to express words or thoughts
- Inability to awaken from sleep
- Dilated pupils
- Increased agitation
Severe or traumatic brain injury cases also may result in spinal paraplegic and quadriplegic injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, it is important that this condition be properly evaluated by a skilled and experienced medical practitioner. Many times people who suffer traumatic brain injury will need to relearn basic skills and need rehabilitation. It is important for both the victim and the caretaker to pay close attention to the behavior of the injured person.
If you have suffered a brain injury as a result of a catastrophic accident and would like to speak to a New Jersey catastrophic personal injury attorney with extensive experience in brain injury case contact the experienced brain injury lawyers at The Reiff Law Firm for a free evaluation of your claim. Since 1979, the lawyers at The Reiff Law Firm have been recognized as “Super Lawyers” locally and nationally and has brought experience and expertise in pursuing such claims.
Types of Brain Injury
Brain injury is one of the most serious common outcomes of a major car wreck or other violent accident. The likelihood of closed head trauma, sometimes including brain damage that is challenging to diagnose, is high in these situations and the consequences can be devastating.
Understanding Brain Injury Symptoms, Outcomes, Costs
Our New Jersey brain injury attorneys have taken strong legal action for numerous brain injury victims and their families over the past three decades. Unlike many other lawyers and even many physicians, we have developed a strong understanding of symptoms and behaviors that may indicate:
- Concussion or post-concussion syndrome — injuries once considered relatively minor but now known to cause severe headaches, personality changes and depression
- Brain edema — when an accumulation of fluid results in brain swelling and pressure, often requiring surgery to relieve symptoms such as vision loss, memory loss, or seizures
- Subdural or intracranial hematoma — usually caused by a blow to the head or sudden lurching motion and causing symptoms that range from persistent headaches and mood swings to loss of consciousness and other life-threatening problems
Dedicated Philadelphia Accidents and Medical Mistake Attorneys
In addition to successful experience in high-stakes auto accident and construction site accident cases involving various types of brain injuries, we have obtained substantial compensation for many medical malpractice victims. This background has prepared our lawyers well to help clients evaluate their legal options after a preventable birth injury — such as permanent brain damage caused by oxygen deprivation — or failure to properly diagnose and treat a brain injury.
Whether you know or suspect brain injury occurred in a motor vehicle or aviation accident, a fall on dangerous property, an accident at work or due to medical negligence, we have the connections and resources to build an aggressive case. For the legal counsel you need now, please call our respected law firm today – (215) 274-0072.