York County, PA Personal Injury Lawyer
Regardless of how it happens, a serious or catastrophic injury can change every aspect of your life in an instant. Instead of going to work or enjoying time with your family, you are struggling to do the everyday things that you once took for granted. Perhaps your injury impaired your motor skills making tying your shoes difficult or a car accident has caused a traumatic brain injury and severe anxiety that now makes travel extremely trying. The fact is that if you have suffered an injury, you are frustrated and in pain. When the injury was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person your frustration, anger and feelings of powerlessness can be overwhelming. However you do not have to go through this experience alone. For more than 34 years injured Pennsylvanians in York County and beyond have relied on the legal experience of The Reiff Law Firm to hold the accountable parties responsible.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do you Handle?
Our decades of experience have permitted us to handle cases in a wide variety of personal injury areas. Regardless of how your injury occurred, when you work with The Reiff Law Firm you can rest assured that you will receive high-quality, responsive representation. Our areas of practice include:
- Truck, motorcycle and car accidents – No matter what type of vehicle you were driving or a passenger in, motor vehicle accidents can cause extremely severe injuries including whiplash, traumatic brain injuries, broken bones and severe burns.
- Premises liability actions – While slip and falls make up the majority of premises liability actions, injuries can occur on the property of another in many ways including due to a balcony or deck collapse, improperly insulated pipes, or even due a swimming pool. When landowners fail to exercise reasonable care to protect their guests and clients, we work to hold them accountable.
- Medical malpractice – Going to a hospital or seeing a doctor is supposed to make you better, so it is especially tragically when a medical mistake causes serious injury or death. We handle all types of medical malpractice including surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, wrong diagnosis, and mislaid surgical implements.
- Burn injuries – Often considered one of the most excruciating injuries, severe burns can take years of therapy and medical procedures to recover from. We handle both burns from fire and chemical burn claims.
- Wrongful death – If your loved one was killed as a result of their injuries, we can file a wrongful death claim and a survival action.
This is only a selection of the types of accidents we handle. We encourage those who have suffered severe or catastrophic injuries in York County to contact us.
If I File a Personal Injury Suit, What Can I Recover?
In a personal injury lawsuit, the main type of damages you would seek would be compensatory damages. As the name suggests, these damages are intended to compensate you for the injuries your suffered and the best means available to try and make you “whole”. Damages of this type can include your medical bills, therapy costs, damage to your property, lost wages, loss of earning capacity and pain and suffering. In certain circumstances where the conduct of the other party was particularly egregious or shocking, punitive damages may be awarded. Unlike compensatory damages, punitive damages are intended to punish the responsible party for their behavior and deter other people from acting similarly in the future.
Respected and Established Attorneys Represent York County Residents
You can rely on our more than 34 years of experience handling personal injury matters in Pennsylvania. We will handle your case personally, professionally, and responsively. For your no-obligation consultation contact The Reiff Law Firm today by calling (215) 709-6940 or online.