Easton, PA Car Accident Lawyer
Easton, Pennsylvania is located where the Lehigh and Delaware rivers meet roughly 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 70 miles west of New York City. While the rivers were undoubtedly essential for commerce and transportation during earlier periods of development, today commuters and manufacturers rely on cars, vans, pickups, and other passenger vehicles to get from Point A to Point B. Major roads and thoroughfares traveled by those in or passing through Easton includes I-78, PA 33, PA 248, US 22, Corriere Road, Farmersville Road, Stones Crossing Road, Zucksville Road, and Lafayette Street.
While most trips by car are completed safely and uneventfully, in some cases irresponsible or negligent behaviors can result in a vehicular collision. The car accident attorneys of The Reiff Law Firm can fight to obtain compensation for your severe injuries, lost wages, and other damages. To schedule a free and confidential personal injury consultation call (215) 709-6940 or contact us online.
Why do Car Accidents Occur?
There is no single reason or explanation that can capture the causes of all car accidents. In fact, it is rare for any single accident to be product of a sole factor. More commonly a unique combination of circumstances and characteristics come together until a collision is imminent. Common reasons that may act alone or in concert to increase the risk of a car accident include:
- Aggressive driving – Drivers who engage in aggressive or unexpected roadway maneuvers are difficult to predict and maintain a safe distance. Likewise, drivers who speed, engage in erratic lane changes, accelerate and stop suddenly, and otherwise break the rules of the road make driving more difficult for all and increase the odds that life-altering injuries will occur.
- Insufficient vehicle maintenance – Drivers who do not routinely inspect their vehicle and bring it in for service and maintenance place themselves, their passengers, and other motorists at risk. Lack of proper maintenance can lead to problems with the vehicle’s tires, brakes, engine, shocks, struts, or other essential parts.
- Unrepaired safety defects — 2014 has been colloquially been referred to as the “Year of the Auto Recall.” While a record number of vehicles were recalled in 2014, that doesn’t necessarily mean that many or most affected vehicles have been repaired. In fact, for the Takata airbag defect, it is believed that it could take more than a year for parts to be available to repair the airbags in all vehicles.
The above represents only some of the causes we have seen more commonly during the course of our practice. Other potential reasons that can contribute to cause an accident include bad weather, roadway hazards, heavy traffic, and mechanical failures.
What Types of Injuries Commonly Follow Collisions?
Accidents involving passenger vehicles like cars, light trucks, SUVs, minivans, and motorcycles can produce a wide range of injuries. As the array of vehicles makes clear, one aspect that determines the nature and severity of injuries are the vehicles involved in the crash. For instance, while a larger vehicle does make for increased momentum due to the vehicle’s increased mass, these vehicles provide greater protection to it occupants relative to a vehicle like a motorcycle or compact car. However, the nature of a larger vehicle also means that it is less responsive and nimble and thus less able to avoid last-second hazards. Aside from the type of vehicle the health and characteristics of the driver and passengers also plays a role in determining the type and severity of injuries that might be inflicted in a crash. Some common and less common injuries following a car crash include:
- Broken leg
- Cracked ribs
- Broken or fractured wrist
- Internal bleeding
- Punctured or collapsed lung
- Bruising due to blunt trauma
- Spinal injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Herniated disc
- Slipped disc
While this list is by no means exhaustive, it does capture many of the injuries more commonly produced by car and other vehicle crashes.
Rely on our Personal Injury Litigation Experience
For more than three decades, the experienced personal injury lawyers of The Reiff Law Firm have fought aggressively and strategically for drivers who have been injured due to another’s carelessness, recklessness, or negligence. We work to obtain compensation for your medical costs, lost wages and earnings, pain & suffering and other damages. To schedule a free and confidential consultation call our firm at (215) 709-6940.