At the Reiff Law Firm, we are Main Line personal injury lawyers with more than 34 years of experience filing accident claims and lawsuits in Pennsylvania. Representing accident victims throughout the Main Line Philadelphia region, our award-winning legal team has successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in all types of personal injury cases, including but not limited to automotive accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, brain injuries, spine injuries, and wrongful death.
If you or one of your family members was injured due to the negligence or carelessness of another, the Reiff Law Firm is here to offer steadfast guidance and support. To set up a free legal consultation, contact our law offices online, or call the Reiff Law Firm at (215) 709-6940 to speak with a personal injury lawyer today. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help answer your questions.
Types of Personal Injury Lawsuits We Handle in Bala Cynwyd/The Main Line
Your case is personal, with high financial and emotional stakes. When you’re dealing with such an important issue, it’s crucial to choose an attorney with a comprehensive background handling claims that are similar to yours. For example, if you were misdiagnosed by your doctor, you should look for a personal injury attorney who has recovered compensation for victims of diagnostic errors. At the Reiff Law Firm, we have represented injury victims in all types of accident cases, including but not limited to:
- Auto Accidents – Unfortunately, car crashes are common in Pennsylvania, especially in densely-populated areas like Philadelphia’s Main Line region. We handle all types of auto accident claims, including Main Line car accidents, bus accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, 15-passenger van accidents, taxi accidents, Lyft accidents, and Uber accidents. We also handle claims against SEPTA, Amtrak, and other transportation services.
- Catastrophic Injuries – Catastrophic injuries are severe, permanently disabling injuries such as brain injuries, severe burns, spinal cord injuries, or the loss of a limb.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice occurs when doctors or hospitals harm patients by acting carelessly. Malpractice claims can involve birth injuries, medication errors, surgical mistakes, or diagnostic errors.
- Product Liability – Product liability is the area of law dealing with dangerous, defective products and product recalls, such as the recent exploding Takata airbag recalls.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Slip and fall accidents make up a large number of personal injury claims. They can occur in grocery stores, restaurants, apartment buildings, office buildings, department stores, parking garages, or anywhere else property hazards exist.
- Wrongful Death – When a person is fatally injured by someone else’s negligent acts, it is called a “wrongful” death. If you lost your spouse or a family member in an accident, you may have a wrongful death claim.
We also assist injury victims with claims involving construction site accidents, swimming pool accidents, amusement park accidents, industrial accidents, dog bite injuries, and many other types of cases. If you were injured because a person or a business was negligent, we are here to help you explore your family’s legal options.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Pennsylvania
Accident victims can be compensated for all types of injuries in Pennsylvania, including bone fractures, brain injuries, burn injuries, cuts and bruises, internal bleeding, nerve damage, amputation injuries, soft tissue injuries, whiplash, back injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, hearing loss, vision loss, puncture wounds, and joint injuries. However, there are certain steps you must take and facts you must show in order to receive compensation.
For example, it is important for injury victims to follow a deadline known as the “statute of limitations.” With some exceptions, the statute of limitations generally allows two years (from the date the injury was sustained) to file a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania. While the law allows up to two years, acting sooner is in your best interests because it allows for better preservation of evidence, while simultaneously providing you the opportunity to get compensated earlier. There are also deadlines for filing various motions and briefs, which are best managed by an experienced attorney with detailed knowledge of Pennsylvania’s court systems and insurance regulations.
Deadlines are merely one aspect of your personal injury case. It is also crucial to gather sufficient evidence to prove that the defendant was negligent, thereby causing your injuries. In other words, you will need to present evidence showing how the defendant’s carelessness led to your accident. Our attorneys will handle the process of collecting and evaluating evidence for you, scouring for relevant medical records, accident scene photographs, video surveillance footage, eyewitness testimony, expert opinion, internal logs and records, invoices and statements, and other sources of information that strengthen your injury claim.
Bala Cynwyd Personal Injury Attorneys Offering Free Consultations
The personal injury lawsuit lawyers at the Reiff Law Firm are ready to be aggressive advocates for you and your family members. Skilled and experienced litigators, we will fight tirelessly to obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, reduced future earning ability, and other damages. Contact us online today to arrange a free legal consultation, or call the Reiff Law Firm at (215) 709-6940.