Chester County, PA Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises liability accidents are sometimes referred to by the mechanism of injury, how the injury happens, rather than the legal term. That is, they are more commonly referred to as “slip and fall” or “trip and fall cases” even though a premises liability accident can occur in many other ways. Some examples of common types of premises liability accidents include:
- When a sign or other suspended object is improperly secured or maintained resulting in it falling on a guest or customer.
- An improperly maintained sidewalk or a crumbling curb can cause a person to fall and suffer severe injury.
- Improperly stocked shelves in a retail shelve can result in an avalanche of goods and products that can cause injury.
- Ice, snow, water or other hazards on a floor or sidewalk can result in a trip and fall or a slip and fall.
- When an artificial condition, like a pool, attracts a child onto the premises, liability can attach.
- An insufficiently lit parking area could result in an accident or criminal activity by a third-party.
The above only scratches the surface of the types of premises liability accidents. Regardless of the exact circumstances surrounding your injury, we are eager to hear your story. The Reiff Law Firm’s experienced attorneys can work to hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries.
Where Do Premises Liability Accidents Occur?
In short, a premises liability action can arise anywhere where there are people present and an individual or entity owns or controls the land. That is, the locations where a premises liability action can arise is innumerable. However certain settings are more likely to produce liability actions than others. Some of the more common locations that injuries occur at include:
- In an office building
- In an apartment building
- In a retail store
- In a swimming pool
- On a sidewalk
- In a parking lot
- At a mall
Whether your injury occurred at one of these locations or somewhere else, a The Reiff Law Firm attorney can work to obtain compensation that is appropriate for the type and severity of injuries you suffered.
What Types of Injuries Are Typical in Premises Liability?
Many people incorrectly assume that the worst that can happen from a premises liability action is a scrape, bruise, or broken bone because many people only consider mild slip and falls. But there are many other types of premises liability accidents and, further, slip and falls can also be severe. These accidents can also cause:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Complex breaks or fractures
- Twisted ankle
- Sprained knee
- Spinal injury
These injuries are unfortunately only some of the most common – many others can occur. Many of the more severe injuries can take months or years to recover from if they are not permanent. In some instances, death can occur. We can also handle you’re your wrongful death claim.
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury on another person’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. To ensure that our services are available to all who need an experienced attorney, we off a free and confidential initial case evaluation. To schedule your appointment, call The Reiff Law Firm at (215) 709-6940 or contact our firm online.