After you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, you’re likely to wonder how you’ll pay for your medical bills, what will happen to your job, and how you’ll continue supporting your family and loved ones. You may also be wondering how and why your accident happened, and whether another driver is at fault. At the law offices of The Reiff Law Firm, our compassionate, experienced injury lawyers understand the devastating impacts of an auto accident, which is why we fight around the clock to recover compensation, discover why your accident happened, and hold the negligent party accountable. If you or a family member was hurt in a car crash in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, our skilled attorneys are here to help.
At The Reiff Law Firm, we are committed to providing aggressive legal support for vehicular accident victims throughout the Bucks County area, including Bristol, Chalfont, Churchville, Croydon, Doylestown, Fairless Hills, Feasterville, Levittown, Morrisville, New Britain, Newtown Grant, Perkasie, Quakertown, Richboro, Sellersville, Telford, Trevose, Village Shires, Warminster Heights, Woodbourne, and many other communities in the region. For nearly 40 years, we have successfully represented tens of thousands of accident victims, and have handled claims involving a wide variety of accident and injury types. To discuss whether you could have an auto accident claim in a free legal consultation, contact our Bucks County injury attorneys online, or call our law offices at (215) 246-9000.
Why Choose The Reiff Law Firm for Help with Your Crash Injury Claim?
For decades, The Reiff Law Firm has been one of Pennsylvania’s most respected and trusted personal injury law firms. We are dedicated to fighting for seriously injured people who suffered a life-altering or catastrophic injury due to the carelessness, recklessness, or negligence of another party. We are equipped to aggressively handle all types of vehicular accident claims, ranging from rollovers to accidents caused by drunk and distracted drivers.
In all car accident and defective vehicle injury cases, we vigorously oppose insurance companies’ “deny, delay, and defend” approach. We understand how insurance companies build and present their cases, and take a tactical, proactive approach that is tailored to each case and designed to give our clients the greatest likelihood of success.
Types of Car Accident Claims We Handle
At The Reiff Law Firm, we have decades of experience handling an array of personal injury actions. At our firm, you will find hard-hitting, knowledgeable lawyers with practical, hands-on experience in cases arising from:
- Accidents caused by detached and runaway trailers
- Accidents caused by road or intersection defects
- Accidents caused by vehicle defects
- Accidents involving uninsured and underinsured motorists (UM/UIM)
- Collisions between cars and commercial vehicles, such as semi-trailer trucks
- Collisions between cars and public transportation vehicles, such as buses, trolleys, and other vehicles operated by SEPTA, PATCO, or NJ Transit
- Fatal car accidents leading to wrongful death claims
- Hit-and-run accidents (leaving the scene of an accident)
- Rear-end collisions, side-impact collisions, and head-on collisions
Our Bucks County accident attorneys are dedicated to seeking compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you have experienced due to your injury. We fight to recover the compensation our clients need to be made whole and move forward with their lives again.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
After surviving a car accident, most people want to know why they were injured. In some cases, the accident was the result of a single factor. However, in many cases, multiple causes combine to make an accident more likely or inevitable. Some of these factors can include:
- Aggressive or reckless driving. Some drivers seem to think that the roads belong to them, and all other drivers should simply get out of their way. Reckless and aggressive drivers endanger all individuals, and should be held accountable for the risks and injuries they may impose and inflict onto others. Likewise, drivers who drive recklessly due to use of illegal drugs or alcohol should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Driver errors. Most car accidents are caused by drivers who make careless, avoidable mistakes while they are operating the vehicle. Examples of common driver errors include speeding, failing to stop at stop signs or red lights, failing to check mirrors for other vehicles, looking away from the road while distracted, failing to yield, failing to use turn signals properly, and failing to leave adequate following distance.
- Fatigued commercial drivers. Fatigue slows reaction times, impairs decision-making, and can lead to a distracted or sleeping driver. Unfortunately, fatigued driving is a major problem in the commercial trucking industry. Fatigued drivers – and the companies that push their drivers to work beyond human capacity – should be held accountable when preventable accidents occur due to fatigue. These types of accidents are especially likely on long, monotonous stretches of highway, such as Route 611 and PA 309.
- Poor road conditions. Drivers who fail to adjust their driving behaviors to road and weather conditions can greatly increase the risk of accident and injury for all motorists. For example, drivers should allow more following distance and proceed more conservatively when roads are slick or when visibility is reduced due to heavy fog or snow.
- Vehicle defects. While most auto accidents are caused by driver error, others occur due to defects present in the vehicle itself. To provide several examples that were prominent in the news, GM’s ignition switch problems and Toyota’s unanticipated acceleration issues can make the loss of vehicle control more likely. Other car defects, such as exploding Takata airbags, or the exploding gas tanks found in certain Jeep vehicles, can directly cause severe injuries when an accident does occur.
Unfortunately, there are almost countless factors that can increase the likelihood of a serious car accident in Pennsylvania. Other factors that may cause or contribute to road accidents include overloaded vehicles, negligent vehicle maintenance, and driver distraction caused by cell phones or smartphones. We will put in the work to dig through the clues and find the underlying cause of your accident, connecting the dots to prepare a stronger claim on your behalf.
Bucks County, PA Car Accident Statistics
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) compiles public annual reports on vehicular accidents throughout the state. These reports include statistics on auto accidents in each county, including Bucks County. The following facts are sourced from the 2016 report, which is the most recent version available:
- That year, Bucks County was one of the top 10 counties with the most car accidents in Pennsylvania, accounting for 4.8% of the state’s traffic crashes.
- Sadly, Bucks County was also one of the top 10 Pennsylvania counties with the most crash-related fatalities, accounting for 4.4%.
- During 2016 in Bucks County, PennDOT recorded 2,815 injury crashes, 50 fatal crashes, and 3,294 crashes resulting in property damage only (PDO), amounting to 6,159 car accidents in total.
- The same year, 16 fatalities were attributed to drunk driving accidents in Bucks County.
Bucks County, PA Car Accident Lawyers Fighting for Compensation
At The Reiff Law Firm, we are dedicated to pursuing catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims resulting from major vehicle accidents. We realize that every accident is unique, and must be approached individually. Therefore, our firm carefully assesses each claim and formulates an individualized strategy that is likely to bring about a favorable result for our client.
Because we understand that catastrophic injuries can bring financial difficulties, we offer representation on a “no win; no fee” contingency basis. We don’t charge attorney fees unless we obtain monetary compensation on your behalf.
We are proud to advocate for accident survivors and their families throughout the Bucks County region. To request a free and confidential legal consultation, call The Reiff Law Firm at (215) 246-9000 today.