Located entirely in Perry County Pennsylvania Route 17 runs for o slightly over thirty-five miles from east to west. Pennsylvania Route 17 has numerous intersections providing motorists access to their homes and businesses. This means that truckers, as well as passenger motorists heavily, use this road. Some of the major intersections of Pennsylvania Route 17 include:
- PA 274 IN Blain
- PA 850 in Kistler
- PA 74 in Ickesburg
- US 22 and US 322 in Millerstown
- PA 235 near Liverpool
- US 11 and US 15 in Liverpool
No matter if this road is not one of the larger roads in Pennsylvania. Reports issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation note that some of the most dangerous roads statistically speaking are more likely to happen on state roads such as Pennsylvania Route 17 and other rural roads.
Common Truck Accident Injuries on Pennsylvania Route 17
Because of their size and weight, truck accidents can easily and typically do result in severe personal injury and property damage. A truck accident is a traumatic event that almost invariably results in an injury. Injuries can range in severity from minor cuts and bruises to more severe injuries including paralysis and death. Some of the other common injuries associated with a truck accident include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken ribs
- Bone, Ligament, and Disc Injuries
- Partial and Complete paralysis
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Abrasions
- Wrongful death
In addition to these physical injuries, victims of truck accidents often experience emotional trauma as a result of their accident. This may include such mental injuries as depression, fear of driving, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and even guilt. While it may not be as easy to see these injuries, their effects on sufferers cannot be denied.
Liability in Truck Accidents on Route 17
Truck accidents are some of the most devastating accidents on the road. Often these accidents are severe and result in long-lasting and permanent injury. If you have been involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer or other heavy truck, you need a team of attorneys at your side, because truck accidents unlike many other types of accidents can involve multiple parties, including people who are not even at the scene. Some of the people who may be liable in a truck accident include:
- Truck driver – Many truck accidents occur because the driver has engaged in some negligent and dangerous driving behavior such as speeding, driving under the influence, failing to yield, and driving over the prescribed hours of service limits.
- Trucking company – In addition to the truck driver themselves, accidents can be the result of the trucking company engaging in some dangerous behaviors and having lax policies. The trucking company may be held liable for truck accident where there is evidence of insufficient driver training, unreasonable driver schedules, failing to provide proper maintenance for trucks and their equipment.
- Shipper – In the back of most trucks is cargo. This cargo needs to be loaded in a certain manner and needs to be closely monitored when it is being loaded on the truck including inspecting how the cargo is secured in the back of the trailer. However, the shipper can sometimes improperly load the back of a trailer causing the load to shift during the course of transportation and result in the trailer swinging from behind the cab and causing an accident.
These are only a few examples of the people who may be liable in an accident with a truck. Other motorists, construction workers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and even trucking company employees can all be responsible for a truck accident, and therefore whenever there is a truck accident you need a team of creative and strategic thinkers to help identify all the people who may be liable for your accident and injuries.
Have you been injured on Pennsylvania Route 17? Call Our Truck Accident Attorneys
If you’ve suffered a serious injury due to a careless, reckless, or negligent truck driver you may be entitled to significant damages for your injuries, lost wages, and other damages. The lawyers of Reiff & Bily’s The Truck Accident Team can fight for you. To schedule a free and confidential consultation call (800) 896-6173 or contact us online today.