JD Temple University 1979
BA/BS American University 1976. Marketing/Finance. Magna cum laude
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania in 1979
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit in 1979
U.S. Supreme Court in 1994
Supreme Court of New York in 2008
A True Friend to Those in Need
Unlike many high-powered lawyers, Jeffrey takes every case personally. He suffers when he hears about a terrible injury or the wrongful death of a child. Clients call him “a true friend”—someone who cares about them—and takes care of them—during the worst time in their lives. Since 1979, he has taken on powerful corporations and insurance companies to make sure that injured people get the justice and awards they need. His goal is to help people grieve, recover, and move on with their lives never losing sight of their lost hopes and dreams. Jeffrey Reiff is and forever will be “greedy for justice.”
- Product liability
- Highway and motor vehicle defects
- Trucking and common carrier accidents
- SUV rollover and 15-passenger van accidents
- Fire and explosion claims
- Amusement park accidents
- Swimming pool and drowning accidents
- Premise liability
- Inadequate security
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Sexual abuse
Mr. Reiff’s professional accomplishments have led him to be recognized by numerous magazines and journals:
- He has been recognized by Philadelphia Magazine, Law and Politics Magazine, Newsweek, and Arrive Magazine as among the best and brightest lawyers in the Northeastern United States. Additionally, Arrive Magazine recently named him as one of the “Top Attorneys in the Northeastern United States” and among the “Best and Brightest.”
- He has been consistently named as one of Philadelphia’s top-rated lawyers by The Wall Street Journal, the Philadelphia Inquirer, and The Legal Intelligencer.
- Jeffrey Reiff has been recognized in Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in Emerging Leaders of America, Who’s Who in American Finance, Who’s Who in Society and Leaders, and International Men of Achievement, and was named by Cambridge in 2002 as one of the 2000 “Outstanding Intellectuals of the Twenty-First Century.”
Mr. Reiff is well known for his success in achieving large awards for wronged clients. His professional accomplishments include the following:
- He was elected to “Best Lawyers in America” from 2015-2020 and received the prestigious “Litigator’s Award” in 2015 (awarded to the top 1% of attorneys).
- He has been a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” for 15 consecutive years, since 2005.
- He has been named among the “Top 100 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers” since 2012; has earned a place in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list from 2011 and onwards to 2020; And even received the prestigious honor of being named a Diplomat to the organization in 2014. Additionally, Mr. Reiff was recently nominated to be a member of the executive committee for Pennsylvania National Trial Lawyers.
- In 2013, he was named the “Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation” by Martindale-Hubbell and was acknowledged for this honor by American Lawyer Media, and the National Law Journal.
- He is a proud member of the “Million Dollar Advocates Forum,” having received many multi-million dollar results, and is a founding member of the “Billions Awarded Legal Group.”
- He has consistently received a “Superb” rating (10 out of 10) by Avvo.com, and even won the Avvo “Client’s Choice” Award for Personal Injury in 2012. See “Client Testimonials” below to read client reviews from Avvo.
- For 20 years, he has received the highest possible AV rating for legal abilities, skills, and ethics by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Reiff ‘s AV “Preeminent” rating—considered the pinnacle of professional excellence—has been earned through a strenuous peer rating review process.
- He has been listed for 20 consecutive years in both the American and International editions of the Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers.
- Mr. Reiff was nominated as a member of the Nation’s Top 1% of lawyers by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. NACD is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. Its objective is to objectively recognize lawyers who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate. Members are vetted confidentially by a research team, a blue-ribbon panel of attorneys, and a judicial review board. By virtue of the incredible selectivity of their appointment process, only the top 1% of all of the attorneys in the United States are awarded membership in the NADC.
- In 2017, The Reiff Law Firm was named one of America’s Best Law Firms. The award has persisted and consecutively carried into 2020.
Above and Beyond My Expectations!
(5 out of 5 possible stars)
“…Without stepping into a courtroom and facing a trial, my settlement was beyond my expectations. If you want experienced lawyers who are sincerely sensitive to your needs, choose The Reiff Law Firm, as they are the best lawyers to represent you.” – Lisa
“…If my experience is any testament to the quality of service you can expect from Jeffrey Reiff and his staff, then you can feel confident you are in expert hands. I would highly recommend him as an attorney and will refer him to everyone I know.” – Angela
“Words cannot even express this mans dedication, determination, and commitment to justice. Jeff is a man of integrity, compassion, and will go above and beyond for his clients. Jeff is more than just a lawyer, he’s family. Jeff and his team kept me informed every step of the way. There was never a doubt in my mind that he and his team are the best at what they do. I was able to speak to him confidently and knew he would put his best efforts forward. I lost 5 friends and nearly my own life. Not only did he ensure the maximum recovery possible but he was supportive emotionally and very understanding. Jeff and his team are the best at what they do. He took my case personally as if he was in my shoes. I’m forever grateful for this man and his team. Thank you Jeff. I couldn’t have made it through without you.” – Thomas
To read more client testimonials, see the reviews featured on Mr. Reiff ’s Avvo page.
- Mr. Reiff is an active member of the Mass Tort Trial Association, the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association, Attorneys Information, and Exchange group and the National Brain Injury Trial Association.
- He currently serves as Vice-Chair of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Products Liability Section and served as the Editor of AAJ Products Liability Newsletter.
- He received an award in 2013 from the American Association of Justice for the best AAJ section newsletter.
- He is an active member of the National Crime Victim Bar Association, an organization that provides technical support to attorneys representing crime victims in civil actions.
- He is also actively engaged in the Motor Vehicle, Trucking, Premise Liability, and Bus Liability Sections of AAJ as a member of the executive committee. Jeffrey Reiff serves on the Executive Board of the AAJ Bus Litigation Group, which supports the successful prosecution of bus, school bus, motor coach, and recreational vehicle litigation cases.
- Reiff has been made a part of The American Association for Justice convention in Montreal as Chairman of the Product Liability Litigation Group, as well as being listed as one of the “Top 10 Best” attorneys in Pennsylvania for client satisfaction for 2014-2015. The award was granted by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIOPIA), and is a significant achievement. For this award, in particular, each attorney must be formally nominated, have obtained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law and have an impeccable client satisfaction rating.
Mr. Reiff is recognized as a “Judge Pro Tempore” by the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, where he actively mediates and resolves complex personal injury, medical malpractice, and product liability issues. Judges and lawyers often request that Mr. Reiff serve as an arbitrator and mediator of their Pennsylvania alternative dispute cases. Mr. Reiff has testified on numerous occasions as an expert witness in accounting and legal malpractice cases. He is an author and frequent lecturer. His articles and editorials have been featured in many national and international publications.
Before founding the law firm of The Reiff Law Firm (previously called: Reiff and Bily), Mr. Reiff served with the Philadelphia Public Defender’s Office and the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. He refined his legal skills at the prestigious Philadelphia trial law firm of Adler, Barish, Daniels, Levin & Creskoff, and then became a partner at the law firms of: Sablosky, Wertheimer, and Reiff; Mozenter, Goldberg, Durst, and Reiff; and Reiff, Morrissey, Pressman, and Bily.
Mr. Reiff is proud to be a Philadelphia trial lawyer and a member of the Greater Philadelphia community. He and his family are actively involved in many social and philanthropic causes.
To this day, a handshake means something to Mr. Reiff. Despite his many achievements, he has never forgotten his humble beginnings in an inner-city row home.