During peak hours, transit in California can be extremely high. Accidents can frequently happen in heavily transited areas where cars and trucks share the same space. These crashes can happen for numerous reasons and without prior notice. A regular car crash can lead to serious injuries. However, consequences can be fatal in accidents that involve large, heavy trucks. You need the help of an experienced truck accident attorney if you or someone you love has been in a truck accident.
Call Reiff & Bily’s The Truck Accident Team today at (800) 896-6173 for a free, confidential consultation today.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Large Truck Crash Causation Study, some of the most common truck accident-related causes are driver fatigue, brake problems, prescription drug use, fast traveling and unfamiliarity with the roadway. While state and Federal Laws have statutes that regulate and help prevent truck accidents, reports of truck-related accidents are still high.
Who is Responsible for a Truck-Related Accident?
Determining who is responsible for a truck-related accident can be very difficult, particularly because there are so many factors to consider in these kinds of crashes. Bad weather conditions such as snow, poor vehicle maintenance, worn out tires, and driver’s fatigue can influence a truck accident. An in-depth investigation, evidence collection, and multiple reports are required before a determination of responsibility is made. In many cases, the trucking companies are held liable due to negligence since they are responsible for everything pertaining to their day-to-day operations, such as hiring appropriate personnel and keeping adequate maintenance on their trucks.
The amount of evidence needed to prove responsibility for a truck accident can be overwhelming for a single person to handle. You need an experienced truck accident attorney from San Bernardino, CA to help you throughout this difficult process.
Truck related Accidents in California
The Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), reported more than one thousand fatal accidents and more than 25,000 injuries in truck-related crashes in the state of California from 2009 to 2013. In the last year reported, more than 250 fatal accidents and more than 5,000 injuries were reported by December 2013. These accidents happened as the result of several factors such as:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Impeding traffic
- Unsafe speed
- Following too closely
- Wrong side of the road
- Unsafe lane change
- Improper turning
- Unsafe starting or backing
According to the SWITRS report, twenty-six fatal accidents and more than four hundred injuries were reported in the San Bernardino area by December 2013. If you have been injured or you lost a loved one as a result of a truck accident, you need help from an experienced San Bernardino, CA truck accident attorney. These events require immediate action in order to establish an on-time claim. Let us assist you as you recover from your loss and injuries.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in a Truck-related Accident?
A person who is injured as a result of a truck-related accident can suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Broken Bones- A direct crash with a large, heavy truck can inflict excessive force that can fracture and break bones.
- Burns- Tank fuel ruptures and fuel spilling can happen in a truck accident creating a dangerous scenario that can lead to multiple burn injuries. These are not only painful but can sometimes lead to disfigurement that can never be healed completely.
- Internal Injuries- When it comes to a crash, extreme force inflicted on the body can lead to serious life-threatening injuries that affect vital internal organs such as the liver, kidney, pancreas. These can be painful and extremely delicate to treat after a car accident.
- Neck and Back Injuries- Neck and back injuries are amongst the most common conditions suffered as a result of a crash. Serious conditions such as “whiplash” and severe back injuries can happen as a result of the extreme force caused by a car crash. These increase in severity when a heavy large truck is involved.
Our Experienced Truck Accidents Attorneys Can Help
Going through an accident with a large, heavy truck can lead to serious consequences such as broken bones, fractures, severe trauma to your neck, back and more. In the most serious events, a truck accident can have fatal consequences.
Regardless of the nature of your injuries, you deserve an experienced attorney to fight by your side, making sure you are properly compensated for your medical bills, loss of wages and for your pain and suffering. Do not face this moment alone. Call Reiff & Bily’s The Truck Accident Team at (800) 896-6173 for a free and confidential consultation today.